An annual tax-deductible gift of $300 ($100 for students) ensures your membership in our Press Club and your commitment ensures that the Press remains committed to publishing significant work.
More than mere donors, Press Club members are ardent advocates for regional and academic publishing. As a member, you can expect to be invited to exclusive events throught the year where you’ll rub elbows with Press authors and contributors, receiving an insider’s glimpse into the creation of our most important current and upcoming books that you have helped support.
There are two simple ways to join:
- Make a gift quickly and securely online. Under section 4 of the online form, click "I have additional gift information" and enter "Press Club".
- Or, simply make your check payable to “WSU Press” with "Press Club" in the memo and mail the gift to:
Wayne State University Press
Attn: Press Club
4809 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
- Other payment options are available too. Contact Kathy Wildfong at email@example.com or 313-577-6070 for more information.
Press Club Frequently Asked Questions=
- Do I have to give an unrestricted gift? Or may my support of a particular Press Series or endowment count towards Press Club membership?
While we encourage unrestricted giving as it increases the overall immediate impact of your donation, the Press will count any charitable contribution made to any of its series or endowed funds towards Press Club membership.
- Must the gift be made in one lump sum, or can it be paid in installments?
You are welcome to pay in installments. Please contact Sherelle McCroy at 313-577-5974 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I renew my membership?
We will notify those who are up for renewal through an annual appeal in November. However, should a question or situation arise, please contact email@example.com.
- What are the benefits of membership?
- Exclusive invitations to Press Club events
- Complimentary books
- 30% off Press books purchased at our office or from our website*
- Our monthly e-newsletter
- In terms of taxes, what are the benefits of my gift to the Press Club?
All gifts to Wayne State University Press are tax deductible in accordance with state and federal laws. In addition, gifts made as bequests or other forms of planned gifts can yield considerable tax benefits for donors. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-6070 to discuss options in greater detail.
* When you become a Friend of the Press, you receive a Discount Code. You may use it for phone and online orders. For online orders, you must enter the code in the box marked "Discount Code" at the bottom of your shopping cart in order to receive your discount. For phone orders, be sure to provide the code to the customer service representative.