A tax-deductible gift of $300 ensures your membership in our Press Club of ardent advocates for regional publishing, three of our Made in Michigan Writers Series books, and invitations to exclusive events. It also makes a significant contribution to the Press and its publishing program. Please help support our efforts to publish more award-winning books and authors for another 75 years by making a gift to the Press. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-4220 to take part in this special offer. Thank you for your generosity!
About the Press Club
Wayne State University Press, located in the heart of Detroit, Michigan, is the region’s oldest and most prestigious nonprofit publisher. Over it's 75-year history, WSU Press has become one of Detroit’s premiere educational and cultural institutions and an essential resource that makes our region such a great place to live and work.
Like most nonprofit publishers, book sales only account for a small portion of the Press’s total revenue. And as the mainstream publishing industry continues to shrink and other regional publishers fade away, it’s more important than ever to protect our jewel of a press.
A Pledge of Support
We’re inviting you to join us to ensure a vibrant future for Detroit publishing. We’re not simply asking for a donation. We’re asking you to pledge your long-term financial support. Press Club members commit to an annual unrestricted cash gift of $300. You can also opt to pay automatic monthly installments of $25. Students may join for $100, or pay just $8.34 per month!
Your commitment ensures that the Press remains committed to publishing significant work. Without gifts from valued supporters such as you, Yamasaki in Detroit—the definitive document of one of the region’s greatest architectural talents—would never see the light of day. Your membership in the Press Club will guarantee that vital projects in the future will be published.
An Elite Group of Advocates
More than mere donors, Press Club members are ardent advocates for regional publishing. They are insiders who experience firsthand how their support brings essential new voices to print. As a member, you can expect to be invited to exclusive events throught the year where you’ll rub elbows with Press authors and contributors, receiving an insider’s glimpse into the creation of our most important current and upcoming books that you have helped support.
Sign Me Up
Great! There are two simple ways to join:
- Make a gift quickly and securely online. Under section 4 of the online form, click "I have additional gift information" and enter "Press Club".
- Or, simply make your check payable to “WSU Press” with "Press Club" in the memo and mail the gift to:
Wayne State University Press
Attn: Press Club
4809 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
- Other payment options are available too. Contact Jane Ferreyra at email@example.com or 313-577-4220 for more information.
Press Club Frequently Asked Questions=
- Do I have to give an unrestricted gift? Or may my support of a particular Press Series or endowment count towards Press Club membership?
While we encourage unrestricted giving as it increases the overall immediate impact of your donation, the Press will recognize any charitable contribution made to any number of its series or endowments towards Press Club membership dues.
- Must the gift be made in one lump sum, or can it be paid in installments?
You are welcome to pay in installments. Please contact Sherelle McCroy at 313-577-5974 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I renew my membership?
We will notify those who are up for renewal through an annual appeal in November. However, should a question or situation arise, please contact email@example.com.
- What are the benefits of membership?
- Exclusive invitations to Press Club events
- Complimentary books
- 30% off Press books purchased at our office or from our website*
- Our monthly e-newsletter
- In terms of taxes, what are the benefits of my gift to the Press Club?
All gifts to Wayne State University Press are tax deductible in accordance with state and federal laws. In addition, gifts made as bequests or other forms of planned gifts can yield considerable tax benefits for donors. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-4220 to discuss options in greater detail.
* When you become a Friend of the Press, you receive a Discount Code. You may use it for phone and online orders. For online orders, you must enter the code in the box marked "Discount Code" at the bottom of your shopping cart in order to receive your discount. For phone orders, be sure to provide the code to the customer service representative.